Monday, June 28, 2010

Day 3 and So Much to See!


From Meeting the Children
This morning we got to meet the kids!!! As we arrived the children came running down the stairs to great us in our vans (no crazy bus today). It was the warmest welcome I have ever received. The children greeted us by saying “Hah-lo” and “Welcome” When we shook their hands they would smile and run away. I just wanted to hug every single one of them! After our amazing greeting we attended a church service filled with singing and dancing (videos to come when I am back in the US). The children taught me how to sign my name, showed us their rooms/bathrooms/classrooms and invited us to join them for lunch (rice and beans). I am so excited to see the children tomorrow and find out who I will be teaching with!

5 comments:

  1. Lisa, you are so wonderful. You're heart is so pure and they are so lucky to have you there! I am jealous of all the little kiddos! That picture is BEAUTIFUL. Yay I am so excited for your experiences!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with Jana! You are one amazing beautiful person! They are SO lucky to have you too! But we are excited to get you back :) I'm loving your posts keep'em coming!! Kam says hi and she loves her Auntie Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love following your posts Lisa. Thinking about you and hoping you have a truly inspiring and safe adventure. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This pic could be on the cover of national geographic. Keep em coming. We love you -- are thinking of you -- and miss you.
    Enjoy every minute you have. Let the song of Africa ignite you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This photo speaks volumes...you can see the appreciation in her eyes. Loving your blog! Can't wait to catch up and hear more in person when you get back!

    ReplyDelete