I was able to find a decent website that helped guide me. But the items they recommend do not exist in my closet and will likely never be worn again. Thankfully I will be teaching children and not entering any fashion shows while I am there, so if I look like a ragamuffin it will be okay. My mom was quite helpful and told me to pack the "essentials" like Imodium, Ambient and a Z-Pack! Why do people go to Africa again? I will be checking 2 suitcases. One will contain my essentials (still trying to figure that out) and the other will contain items that we will be providing for the children and teachers at Humble Hearts. Last February our school made Care Kits for the people of Haiti. There were a lot of extra items that could not be used so I will be filling my suitcase with soaps, hand towels, band aids and combs! I have to say that the families of The Children's School are absolutely incredible, in 3 weeks the entire school came together to make a difference in the lives of perfect strangers.
Thursday, June 17, 2010
Packing?!
I was able to find a decent website that helped guide me. But the items they recommend do not exist in my closet and will likely never be worn again. Thankfully I will be teaching children and not entering any fashion shows while I am there, so if I look like a ragamuffin it will be okay. My mom was quite helpful and told me to pack the "essentials" like Imodium, Ambient and a Z-Pack! Why do people go to Africa again? I will be checking 2 suitcases. One will contain my essentials (still trying to figure that out) and the other will contain items that we will be providing for the children and teachers at Humble Hearts. Last February our school made Care Kits for the people of Haiti. There were a lot of extra items that could not be used so I will be filling my suitcase with soaps, hand towels, band aids and combs! I have to say that the families of The Children's School are absolutely incredible, in 3 weeks the entire school came together to make a difference in the lives of perfect strangers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











I'm so proud of you and what you are doing to improve the lives of children around the world. I can't wait to read your blog while you're in Africa. I miss you already, Samach!
ReplyDeletewe'll miss you.
ReplyDelete