Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A loooong Day, & Not Much to Say...

  
Today was manual labor day! The morning was spent in the “classroom” with the children and the rest of the day wiping down about 1,000 dusty, muddy and moldy books with 4 other USD students while 3 of us sorted and organized them. After about 4 hours of this we hauled wood (think 20 foot long Teepee poles) and sheet metal to the roof of the orphans dormitory. The children are warming up to us a lot and I now have about 40 Kiswahili words in my sign language alphabet! Sorry this is so short… I’m exhausted

11 comments:

  1. Lisa, I am so proud of you! Watch your health as you hurl yourself through these days.

    1434,

    Dod

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so incredibly wonderful Lisa! I think the world of you and all your hard work while you are there. The kids look so cute and I am sure in love with you! :) Thinking of you everyday! No baby yet for me but hope soon! 3 days until my due date! :) Lots of love!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you Lisa, so proud of you

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel exhausted just reading your post. Drink lots of bottled waterXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're so cute...keep up the hard work:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa - what an inspiration you are not to mention an incredible writer! Sounds like an amazing experience! Thanks for sharing it! Sending lots of good thoughts and positive energy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lisa, I am very proud of you. Your posts are both inspirational and heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love reading these posts and you should be so proud of the incredible work you are doing for these children!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lisa, I agree take care of yourself, lots of bottled water. I am so proud of you and it's so nice that you have this blog. Every time I miss you (which is a lot) I open it up and re-read it. Love you so much.

    ReplyDelete