Thursday, July 8, 2010
Reality Check
When we arrived at school this morning we learned that one of our students (Samuel) had run away yesterday and not returned. Samuel is 13 years-old, deaf and had only been at the school for two weeks. He was brought to Humble Hearts from "the rural" with another deaf child named Sarah. Both children were in Irene's Kindergarten class with me because they had not been taught how to sign, write and basically communicate. I cannot imagine how difficult it must be for him and in breaks my heart to know that he has still not been found. The streets in Nairobi are not forgiving. When I asked Beatrice what we could do to help, she asked that we pray. So if you can, please do.
Completions for the day:
~Alphabet sound board for Kindergarten
~Sanded 6 tables
~Painted 3 bookshelves
~Survived 2 hours at the Nairobi market and purchased all the gifts I needed to get.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











No comments:
Post a Comment